2012/07/05

I think I have stepped on the jackPOT

well... OK, it is not really a jackpot, since I wasn't looking for it. But it is something you do not come across usually.

if you are in to forest walking and so, quite often come across something  pleasant, exciting, surprising or sometimes, unpleasant. This was one of those cases of surprising and unpleasant.

On Tuesday evening, I have decided to go for a long dog walk in the forest I often use for my video shootings so, I took my camera and dogs there. I have noticed that the area right before the forest starts, have variety of natural cordage materials. so have decided not going in to forest but stay there to look around and re-take the cordage making video...




While I was at it, I have found human track leading in to thick bush of birch saplings. I got curious, so followed. 










After about several meters of pushing through bush, suddenly came out to tiny opening with very soft ground. I have realized the oddness of that spot. The ground was once dug out recently??? no! it was replaced with gardening soil. Once i realized that, did not take much time for me to see  what is wrong of this spot.







It seems someone has planted something they do not want to be found.....



and here is the close up shot...

this does look very much like that famous illegal herb to me... or am i wrong? I hope I am wrong and this is a hemp, the legal plant....
it is the place I really like and go often for dog walk and bushcraft activities. my biggest concern is that I might run in to not nice people who planted these.. that is gonna be very unpleasant......

10 件のコメント:

  1. それは種類の面白い!あなたはそれがない非常に楽しい人々の束を見つけることによってあなたの犬とお散歩を損なわないと言うように私は願っています。たぶん最も良い方法は警察に報告するでしょうか?

    返信削除
    返信
    1. コメントありがとう。警察に相談するのが安全ですね。

      削除
  2. I don't know if anybody would grow legal plants in a secret spot in the forest. :D ;)

    I'd be cautious when hiking in that exact area, but most likely if you came across the owners of those plants you'd be able to out-run them anyway. ;)

    It's a shame, but certain wild areas in the US can be very dangerous because of people making much more serious drugs in secret locations. This is one reason why a good number of Americans carry guns into the woods for protection.

    On the bright side, you can add a new "medical wild plant" to your list. ;)

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I guess on top of having 3 dogs with me, I could carry my sling shot then.

      Well, as you mentioned, it is a useful plant if not illegal. But really pity, since that location has many wild edables like berries and cattail which I was looking forward to try.

      削除
  3. The fact is, it DOES make good cordage. Up until WW II, thousands of acres of it were grown legally in the U.S. until "the powers that be" wanted synthetics to triumph and pulled the "dangerous drug" card, making it illegal and making millionaires out of their friends in the military who smuggled it.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. It is a usiful plant and all other usefuls, it is up to users to make it good or bad.

      削除
  4. いや~驚きですね

    こんな寒い地域でも育つんですね
    何となく南方の植物というイメージでした

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 私も調べるまで知らなかったのですが、強い植物な様で、どこでも栽培可能な様です。しかし、まさか自分が見つけることになろうとは・・・

      削除
  5. I am sure that the people who grows these in "your area" are actually some harmless hippie type of folk, that are slooooow :), physically as well as mentally. Still, i am against all drugs but yet, the pot is something less harmfull, even if you consider all the lifestyle related to it. If you compare pot smokers and heroin addicts, or dealers of em...they are from different world. So i think youll be all safe in the woods, the pot smoking people arent actual monsters i bet :)

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Probably is... yet very uncomfortable. If Police has not taken care yet, then must be quite big by now...

      I could go there and make some dam strong cordage out of it :)

      削除